Are you heading out this Labor Day Weekend? You’re not alone. According to AAA’s Labor Day travel forecast, an estimated 35.5 million Americans will hit the road this weekend.
It’s also a busy weekend for accidents. The National Safety Council estimates 48,400 may be seriously during the upcoming Labor Day weekend.
Here are some quick tips to ensure a safe and enjoyable Labor Day Weekend.
– Plan ahead
– Buckle up
– Leave early
– Have alternate routes
– Be patient. A lot of people are traveling this weekend.
– If you encounter a drunk driver, contact local law enforcement. (You could save a life)
– Stay alert.
– Never consume alcohol while driving a boat.
– Always wear life preservers.
– Never dive headfirst.
– Always swim with a buddy.
– Always have a first aid kit nearby.
– Drink plenty of water.
– Read more Boating Safety Tips
– Check gas grill hoses for cracks, holes and leaks.
– Keep children away from grills.
– Never grill in the garage or anywhere inside.
– Keep your grill at least two feet ways from branches, decks, and any outdoor equipment that can easily catch fire.
– Read more BBQ Tips Here
– Do you have the right amount of boat insurance for your needs?
– Have you checked your renters or homeowners insurance policy lately to see if you have coverage for your Labor Day BBQ Shindig?
– Is your auto insurance policy up-to-date?
Check with your insurance agent to make sure you have the right coverage in place for whatever your weekend brings.
Get In Touch
We're a homegrown team and like doing things the personal way -- over the phone. The best way to set up a quote or talk about insurance is to call us directly. Or, leave your info in the form here and we'll be in touch.
Hours: M-F, 8am to 5pm