Careers at The Nitsche Group
We’re not shy about being a family business. It’s even in our name, The Nitsche Group. That’s because we know that a business is only as good as its people, and here, we treat people like family. And while it’s true that experience and qualifications are important, we prefer to hire based on character, will and determination. Simply fill out the form and one of our contacts will reach out to you.
To apply for a position at The Nitsche Group, please fill out the form below and one of our recruiters will reach out to you.
Producer – Sales Team
Our employees are what make us different. That is why we are very selective with who we hire. We believe in working with the best clients, the best carriers and of course, hiring the best employees. It’s not just about experience, education or qualifications, it’s also about character, will and determination.
At The Nitsche Group employees have the ability to create their own path just like R.J. Nitsche did so many years go. We’ll provide the opportunity, the education, the support and the resources, you’ll simply have to provide the character and will.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representatives are expected to provide clients the level of service we have become known for while educating and counseling them on their coverage and policy questions. The right applicant should be a self-starter with good communication skills who enjoys interacting with people and accurately processing data.
Job Type: Full-time
Education and Experience
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to obtain a TDI Property & Casualty license within 90 days of employment.
- Prior office experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- Communication Skills – both verbal and non-verbal
- Customer Service Skills
- Basic Computer & Typing Skills
- Knowledge of insurance products and usages
- Ethical Practice
- Interpersonal Skills
- Quality Time Management
- Organizational Support
- Safety and Security
Position Duties & Responibilities
- Answer Customer Service Phone Calls in a timely manner with a professional attitude and dialogue.
- Respond to Emails from Clients & Underwriters
- Process & Handle Incoming & Returned Client Mail
- Process & Handle Client Open Suspense Items
- Complete Client Renewal Review for Assigned Book
- Handle Client Remarkets on Demand
- Handle Client Rewrites
- Process Client Non Renewals
- Complete & Process Client Cancellation Confirmation Letters
- Complete Special Projects as Assigned by Manager
- Input customer applications into the agency management system from the carrier rating applications.
- Assemble application(s), photos, appraisals, etc. to be submitted to the insurance carriers for policy issuance.
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies for certificates of insurance and evidence of property forms and issue according to agency’s procedures.
- Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
- Handle carrier interfacing per agency standards.
- Input all company notices and client interaction into activity logs and letters.
- Follow-up on photo requests, requests for additional information, etc.
- Handle routine correspondence between carriers, agency and insured.
- Be familiar with and follow agency E&O guidelines.
- Maintain electronic and/or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Reviews existing accounts to determine if additional lines of insurance should be solicited and does so by mail and/or phone prior to renewal.
- Conducts periodic service calls for designated accounts.
- Solicits expiration dates for policies not written by agency.
- Actively solicits increases in limits and/or coverage’s or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contact.
- Actively seeks referrals from current client base to solicit for new business prospects; follows up to generate new business using prospect database and automation system.
- Document all material conversations with insured and/or carriers regarding exposures and coverages into agency management system.
- Perform special projects at management’s request.
Don’t see a position that fits your interests? Apply here to submit your resume and we’ll connect you with someone in the right department. We’re always on the lookout for future members of our Nitsche family.
Have questions about the application process?
To learn more about the hiring process at The Nitsche Group, get in touch at the link below.